Junior IT support/customer service & systems administrator
NOTE: This position is no longer available and remains here for archival purposes - filled Feb, 2016
Serversaurus is searching for a highly motivated junior IT support & systems administrator to join our team and continue to grow with us. In exchange for your strong work ethic, trust, and self-motivation, we offer a great place to work with a progressive attitude which promotes work/life balance.
- The ability to work from home or from our office in North Melbourne
- Four day week (and we’re not even French!)
- Generously increasing annual holidays with a suggested 2 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- An annual week-long company meet up (all expenses paid) in a remote location (this year it’s Bali)
- Encouragement and facilitation of your learning and ongoing personal education
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to phone enquiries
- Ticket & chat support
- Technical & billing support
- Systems administration (Linux, Xen)
- WHM/cPanel administration & maintenance
- Learning & working with our GIT repos, PHP & Go applications, Ansible playbooks and other technologies which support and manage our platform
- Keeping the team up to date via tools such Hipchat, our Wiki, Jira and others
- Remaining on top of trends & technologies and bringing your discoveries to light where applicable
Experience & education:
You do not necessarily need to have prior experience. However, you must show a deep interest in the Internet, technology and a love for technical culture - we believe these qualities outweigh your ability to complete coursework - as such we do not require tertiary or specialised education, however we do expect you to be both technically and humanly fluent. We expect you to have an ability to communicate with clarity and humility, with a flair for logic, creativity and rationality.
We encourage applications from both experienced and traditionally educated applicants, however we make a particular point of being clear that these are not the only gateways to gainful and fulfilling employment with Serversaurus.
How to apply:
- Provide a cover letter - but do your research first: Find out who we are, what we do, and what we’re into. Then figure out why you’d like to work for us (make it more about you rather than about why working only four days a week sounds like a fun idea). Tell us what you’re good at and what you’re not so good at. Tell us about some things you did without someone else telling you to do them. Tell us about some books you’ve read. If you’ve made some stuff which is on the Internet, provide some links. If you have a blog, send us a URL. If you take photos or make art, send us some. If you have a hobby, tell us more.
- Provide a resume in the following format: Dot-point your employment history (regardless of industry), including your responsibilities (include years worked). Outline your core interests & knowledge from a technical perspective (ie. any programming languages you might know). Include formal education if it is something you have acquired, otherwise include some details on your self-education. Do not BS us.
Salary range: $45k-$55k
Send to: livemoreworkless at serversaurus dot com
NOTE: If you just send your usual job application stuff to us, it will immediately be sent to /dev/null. YOLO
Serversaurus is a forward thinking company in both philosophy and action. We were founded in 2005 and remain owner-owned and operated. We’re Australia’s only B-Corp certified web host (which means we’ve met and adhere to a range of guidelines for operating as a responsible company - from both a human and environmental standpoint). We donate 1% of our turnover to environmental charities and have been carbon offsetting our emissions since 2007. We own and operate our own hardware & software platform.