Serversaurus is an Australian cloud hosting and managed services company, founded in 2005. In layman’s terms, we manage your website’s behind-the-scenes tech and store your data in Australia.
We’re driven to maintain exceptional levels of reliability and extremely high customer ratings. Our customer care team provide tailored Australian support from Melbourne and delight in keeping your creative juices flowing, by providing calm resolution and superior technical direction in any situation.
- We’re proud to be 100% Australian owned and operated.
- Happy employees streamline customers and operations. We’ve gone beyond Google’s 20% Time and offer a 4 day work week for all employees.
- Serversaurus contributes an extra 5.5% superannuation to female employees so we can do our part in addressing the gender gap in retirement savings.
- In 2014, Serversaurus proudly became Australia’s first and only web host to become a certified B Corp – B Corporation is an accreditation for businesses that covers progressive operations across people, environment, technology – think of B Corp certification as what Fair Trade is for coffee.
- We donate 1% of our Sales revenue to environmental causes, including Take 3 for the Sea. What’s your business doing to help save the planet?
- Serversaurus has been fully carbon-neutral since 2007. Partnering with Greenfleet to plant trees to offset all our emissions: servers, transport, electricity, and more!
Ultimately, Serversaurus is powered by an awesome team of people:
All of our rack infrastructure is carbon offset, meaning the many tons of CO2 that is generated during power generation to keep Serversaurus running, has been partially remedied by planting over one hundred trees per year. Serversaurus also donates 1% of its profits to One Percent for the Planet, a non-profit organisation rallying businesses to donate 1% of their revenue to environmental protection. Serversaurus is also housed in an environmental aware coworking space Electron Workshop (of our own construction).
In 2014, Serversaurus proudly became Australia’s first and only web host to become a certified B Corp. B Corps are certified by the nonprofit B Lab to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency – in a nutshell, B Corp certification is to sustainable business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee. You can learn more about B Corps at http://www.bcorporation.net
Our Infrastructure & Network
We offer a complete range of cloud technologies from shared hosting, CDN (content delivery), virtualisation, load balancing, caching and Anycast DNS. Our DDoS protected infrastructure is connected to the AS38880 network, which is currently ranked #1 out of 2100 competing networks within Australia. Our Melbourne infrastructure resides within Australia’s only tier 4 datacentre.
Serversaurus provides fully guaranteed resources within our elastic virtual machine infrastructure. All of our hosting is backed by a completely distributed block storage architecture, powered by a suite of high speed SSDs and striped across multiple hosts for speed and reliability.
Our Brocade & Juniper powered redundant core network and multiple concurrently connected carriers, ensures there is no single point of failure within our network. Serversaurus is connected to the AS38880 network, currently ranked #1 in Australia. Unlike other providers, the entire Serversaurus is connected to extensive DDoS mitigation equipment which enables our network never to be flooded or oversaturated.
Serversaurus resides within a PCI DSS Level 1 Compliant Facility, featuring:
- Combination of both Cisco and Juniper Routers, Switches and Firewalls configured in 2N across the entire Network
- 2N onsite permanent Cummins diesel generators for A, B and C circuit power
- Force10 48 port managed switches, dual fibre uplinked network core
- Emerson Extreme Density independent top-of-rack cooling
- AS ISO 15420 compliant building
- Fully redundant VESDA detection and ProInert (IG-55) Fire Suppression System
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Multiple Redundant Air-Conditioners
- Multiple Redundant UPS Systems
In need of additional office space, Serversaurus decided to build the ultimate office, and share it – thus the Electron Workshop coworking space was built – a stunning 1920’s warehouse conversion of the old Bulla Cream automotive workshop. Located in North Melbourne, the building has been creatively converted into a digital workspace over a period of nine months. The space features 100% carbon offset electricity, energy efficient heating and cooling, and fun customisations such as a Space Invaders & Mario themed shower and kitchen (32,000 tiles!). Learn more about Electron Workshop.