Australian email hosting for businesses whose email matters
Our Australian email hosting for businesses offers enhanced security, features, scalability, reliability and flexibility
Email hosting for Australian businesses
Our plans offer dedicated, enterprise-grade email hosting that include:
- Your email data is securely stored in Australia
- Unlimited email bandwidth
- Axigen premium webmail interface
- Cloud SSD storage for fast, scalable and reliable email
- Secure IMAP, POP3 and SMTP email access
- SpamExperts to shield you from email spam and viruses
- Enhanced security with SPF and DKIM email authentication
- Never miss an email with full redundancy via multiple MX servers
- CardDAV and CalDAV for calendars and address books
Check out our full range of Australian email hosting plans for business.
We have plans ranging up to 50Gb disk per mailbox!
Enterprise-grade Australian email hosting for business
Email hosting built for Aussie businesses
Australian email hosting for peace of mind, knowing your email service is local, secure, reliable, flexible and scalable
- For organisations that take data sovereignty, security and compliance seriously, experience the peace of mind knowing your email data is locally hosted in Australia.
- Our dedicated, enterprise-grade Australian email hosting comes with loads of features and the reliability and flexibility to ensure a seamless email service for local businesses.
- Our competitively priced email hosting plans include generous storage allocations and affordable upgrade options, with legendary support that gives you peace of mind.
- Our purpose-built Australian business email hosting allows for calendar organisation and sharing, address books, as well as mobile device synchronisation. Your team can access their email from a desktop computer or mobile device via IMAP, POP or the Axigen Webmail interface.
- And to ensure 24/7 availability of your business email service, we employ multiple mail servers, providing a layer of redundancy that ensures dependability and uptime for your business email.
Need a high performance web host with email?
Find high performance web hosting to compliment your dedicated email hosting solution
Prefer a bundled web and email hosting solution?
See our web hosting solutions with everything your business needs, including email hosting
Need collaboration tools in addition to email?
Discover email and collaboration tools bundled together in Google Workspace
Frequently asked questions about email hosting
What is email hosting?
Email hosting is a service offered by hosting providers that store, manage and send and receive your email.
Some providers offer free email hosting services. However, businesses should opt for the customisation and robustness of premium email hosting to ensure a secure, reliable, and professional appearance.
Can I host my email on my own servers?
It’s possible to host your email on your own servers. But managing an email server is challenging due to the system configuration expertise required, including server maintenance, security protocols, data storage, spam filtering, and backup solutions.
Due to the complexities and ongoing maintenance required, self-hosting of email is only recommended for businesses with specialised IT staff and the resources required to manage and secure their email servers effectively.
What is dedicated email hosting?
Dedicated email hosting is a standalone, built for purpose email service which is billed per user, to store and manage your business email.
This dedicated email service comes with many benefits, including enhanced support, privacy, accessibility and data sovereignty.
Can I upgrade my email hosting?
Yes, you can upgrade your email hosting at any time.
Do I need to register a domain name for my email hosting?
If you want a personalised domain for your email, for example joan.smith@yourdomain, you need to register the domain yourdomain. You can register a domain when you sign up for email hosting.
If you don’t require a personalised domain for your email, we offer an option which allows you to manage an email address with our imail.net.au domain, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is Australian email hosting important?
Hosting your email data locally offers many benefits for Australian businesses, particularly with regards to data sovereignty. By retaining email data within Australia, businesses can adhere to Australian regulations governing data protection and privacy.
Additionally, local Australian email hosting provides superior performance in terms of speed and latency, engenders customer confidence, and serves as a safeguard for business continuity.
What is IMAP and POP3 and what is the difference?
IMAP and POP3 are different email protocols used for retrieving emails from email servers. If you’re using an email client like Mac Mail or Microsoft Outlook, you can configure the email client with either IMAP or POP3 to receive emails on a computer or mobile device.
POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3) downloads emails from your inbox folder on the email server which makes POP3 not always compatible with multiple connecting devices. Once one of your computers or devices retrieves an email from the email server, the email is removed from the mail server, and the other computer will not be able to retrieve the email.
On the other hand, IMAP (Internet message access protocol) synchronises your email folders and allows you to view your email from multiple devices. For example, if you read an email on one device, the email will automatically be marked as read on your other devices.
Can I move my email from my existing provider?
Migrating your email from your existing provider to Serversaurus is not a problem!
As part of our email hosting service, we provide email migrations for a fee of $45. Once your dedicated business email hosting service has been activated with Serversaurus, our team of experts can arrange your email migration upon request.
What is the benefit of green email hosting?
The energy consumption of email hosting contributes to environmental pollution mainly through its energy-intensive data centres, which require constant electricity to run servers and cooling systems. Serversaurus’ email hosting is 100% carbon neutral as we offset the energy used by our infrastructure.
So, when choosing Serversaurus as your email hosting company, you automatically help the environment by making your business’ email hosting green and carbon neutral.
Any questions? We're here to help.
We offer expert advice and legendary support because we know you need to trust the people behind your online presence.