Service Level Agreement
Super simple, designed to be read and understood by dinosaurs
Herein ‘uptime’ refers to HTTP or HTTPS, and does not include issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP.
If you are a Business, Reseller or Cloud client, we will provide:
- 9am-5pm Mon-Fri Phone Support.
- 9am-5pm Mon-Fri Ticket Support.
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime. We aim for 100% uptime.
- 2 hour maximum business hours response time. We usually respond within the hour.
- Out of business hours support tickets are reviewed by our on-call engineer and critical issues will be investigated. Non-urgent tickets will receive a response during business hours.
If you are a Personal client, we will provide:
- Best effort ticket response.
- Best effort uptime. We aim for 100% uptime.
- Best effort weekday response time.
- No weekend ticket support except for critical failures.
If you have a Managed Cloud Service with us:
We have prepared a specific Managed Services SLA.
If we fall below our SLA (upon application), we will provide:
- 5% credit for each hour of downtime up to a maximum of 100%.
- Credits will not be provided if poor or interrupted service is related to:
- scheduled maintenance.
- circumstances beyond Serversaurus’ control, including network attacks, service failures outside of our immediate network or infrastructure.
- anything resulting from war, fire, flood, labour disturbance, government regulations, other government intervention, or force majeure.
- a breach by the customer to our terms or SLA.
Maintenance & Emergency action
- We do our best to maintain the safety and availability of your data and services, however we are not liable for any losses of any nature at any time.
- We do our best to notify you at least 24 hours before maintenance takes place.
- We reserve the right to perform emergency maintenance without notification at any time, if it is deemed necessary to protect and maintain our services.
- We may in some cases suspend your website if it has been attacked/exploited with Malware or code intended to cause damage or is causing damage to our network, reputation, service quality, or the services and quality of third party networks. We will do our best to notify you if we need to take this kind of action, however we are not responsible if this notification is delayed or not received.
Keeping software up to date
It is the responsibility of customers to maintain and keep client installed software up to date. As an example, this could include keeping WordPress and associated plugins current. Serversaurus is not responsible for out of date software which may lead to site suspension should poorly maintained software result in damage to our network, reputation, service quality, or the services and quality of third party networks.
Our backup policy/loss of business
While Serversaurus attempts to keep regular backups of data stored on our systems, we do not guarantee the existence, accuracy, or regularity of our backup services and, therefore, the client is responsible for making backups of data. Serversaurus does not guarantee that its backup procedures will prevent the loss of, alteration of, or improper access to our clients’ information. Serversaurus is not responsible or liable for any loss of business which may occur due to downtime.
After hours call out fee: $180/half hour, minimum 30 minutes or $180/hr during business hours, minimum 30 minutes. In a critical failure scenario all communications channels will be open.
Termination & account reinstatement policy
Serversaurus will terminate accounts after three months of non-payment. If you wish for a terminated account to be retrieved, we will charge our standard consulting rates in half hour increments to attempt retrieval. No guarantee is made that retrieval is possible, and you will charged for time spent regardless of whether the attempt is successful or not.
Scope of our technical support
Serversaurus is a web hosting company, providing Internet based services such as website hosting and email. We do our very best to maintain these services and keep them running. Think of us as a utility company – much like your power or water company.
The reach of our support includes billing support, or support related to any problems which may have arisen from our services not working as expected or advertised.
The reach of our support does not include personal configuration support for your devices or personal computers. As a power company cannot help in assisting with the thermostat on your heater, we unfortunately cannot assist in step-by-step configuration of your particular device. We will however provide documentation and all the technical details for you to configure your software. We will provide any hints or tips if we happen to be familiar with the software you are using, however we make no guarantees.
If you do require step by step assistance in configuring your devices, we can in some cases do additional customised support via our Engineer Support pack. In instances where we cannot offer assistance remotely, we can make suggestions on companies we trust to offer more personal or even onsite support.
Where you may be having connectivity problems to our services, we ask that you use our Serversaurus Website Tools portal to start the diagnosis. Where you may be having connectivity issues, we will do our best to diagnose them. Should we spend considerable time diagnosing connectivity issues which end up being a client issue (poor configuration, some kind of automatic firewall or other blocking device), the client will be liable for time incurred – Serversaurus will warn the client of any possible costs involved. No costs will be incurred if it is a Serversaurus related problem.