Australia's domain name provider with pricing so low and clear, it's almost extinct.
Register domain names at affordable and transparent pricing. No hidden fees. No fine print.
Register your domain name with a trusted Australian domain name provider
We are renowned for our affordable and transparent rates, no hidden fees or fine print
As an Australian domain name provider, Serversaurus offers not just affordable rates but also pricing with no hidden fees or fine print. We’re all about honesty and transparency, which means we won’t lure you in with first-year discounts, only to jack up the prices later on.
Search for your ideal domain name and let your online adventure begin. With over 200 extensions to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect domain name for your brand or business.
Save with our affordable domain name prices
Find even cheaper domain name rates with extended registration periods
|Domain extension||Annual fee||Best for|
|.au||$13.95||A shorter, simpler domain showing you’re a local Australian business or individual|
|.com.au||$13.95||Australian commercial sites|
|.net.au||$13.95||Australian businesses in technology and networking|
|.org.au||$13.95||Australian non-profits, charities, and organisations|
|.org||$24.50||Ideal for non-profit organisations|
Why register a domain name through Serversaurus?
Our average uptime exceeds 99.995% ensuring your website and email are always up and running.
We protect your domain name against theft and administrative mistakes like accidental expiration.
Simple tools and control panel
Flexibility to manage your registered domain names, name servers, contacts and password through our Client Portal.
Quality Australian support
Setting up a domain can require technical assistance – just give us a call if you need any help.
Need web or email hosting?
Once you’ve registered a domain name, you may need email and/or web hosting. See our range of hosting solutions.
Need specialised assistance?
Once you’ve registered a domain name, you may need our specialised assistance with your email and/or web hosting.
Frequently asked questions about domain name registration
What is a domain name?
A domain name is a distinct identifier for your website. It is the term that your customers will enter into their web browsers to access your website, and it is also used to establish your business email addresses.
What if I choose to change my domain name?
Think twice before you consider changing your domain name after launching your online presence. Making such a decision will be a costly and complex decision. Changing your domain name not only requires a significant investment in re-branding, but it can also have a negative impact on your SEO rankings. That’s why it’s crucial to choose your domain name wisely and exercise prudence when selecting it. Don’t risk losing your hard-earned online presence and reputation. Make the right choice from the start and stick with it..
How do I choose a domain name?
Your domain name sets the foundation of your online success. So, choose your domain name wisely. View these tips on how to choose a domain name.
What can I do if the domain name that I want is taken?
If your desired domain name is unavailable, you then need to consider similar alternatives. Sometimes, a minor modification to your domain name can result in an available option.
One option to secure the desired domain name is to modify the ending. While .com is the most common domain extension, there are a range of options available, e.g. .academy, .coffee, and .photography. A relevant domain extension can even explain and define the nature of your business.
Another option is to make a minor alteration to the name to achieve the desired domain name.
What happens if my domain name expires?
If it’s a .com.au, .net.au, .org.au or any other .au domain
- When your domain first expires it enters into a holding status for 30 days. During this time are you can renew your domain without incurring a penalty fee.
- After the initial 30 days the domain status will change from Expired to Pending Delete for 24 to 48 hours.
- After this final stage, your domain name is deleted from the .au registry and is up for registration by any eligible party.
If it’s a .com, .net, .org, .info domain
- When your domain first expires it enters into a grace period that lasts approximately 29 days. You may renew your domain during this period if you are willing to pay the renewal fees.
- Following the grace period, your domain will enter a 30 day Domain Name Redemption Period (DNRP) where the domain can be purchased by the original registrar however reclaiming the domain can take up to 7 days and be a costly process.
- Following the DNRP the domain will enter a 5-day Pending Delete Phase. This is the final phase until the domain is released for public registration.
- Domains freshly released are marked as a Dropped Domains and are often sought after by parties looking to purchase domains to re-sell to the original registrant or other interested parties at a profit.
Can I transfer my domain registration to Serversaurus?
Yes, you can transfer your domain from your current registrar to Serversaurus. Moving your domain from your current registrar involves the following steps:
- Unlocking your domain and disabling ID protection (if applicable).
- Creating a transfer order to move your domain to Serversaurus.
- Paying the invoice from the above order, which starts the transfer process.
- Approving the transfer request that will be emailed to you from your current registrar.
What can I do to protect my brand identity?
Protect your brand identity by:
- Registering various extensions of your domain name (e.g. .com, .com.au, .org).
- Register closely spelled counterparts, plural forms, or abbreviations.
Registering multiple domain names, even if you’re not using them, is an effective way to protect your brand identity.
Can I cancel and refund my domain registration if I made a mistake?
We cannot refund domain name registrations once the registration process is complete, except for .au domains where a 72 hour cooling-off period applies.
Any questions? We're here to help.
We offer expert advice and legendary support because we know you need to trust the people behind your online presence.