This guide will walk you through installing a Let's Encrypt SSL certificate in cPanel
Serversaurus offers basic auto-renewing SSL Certificates as a complimentary feature within your cPanel account.
Lets Encrypt is an automated SSL certificate installer, making it straightforward for you to manage, install and maintain SSL certificates for your domain(s).
Note: SSL Certificates can only able to be installed on Serversaurus hosted services, if your service is hosted externally, please contact your external provider to find out your options.
To begin, please login to your cPanel account. If you've forgotten your cPanel credentials, they were included in the original Welcome to Serversaurus or IMPORTANT: Hosting Documentation email which you should find in your inbox otherwise follow these instructions updating your cPanel password.
- Use the search bar to locate the Let's Encrypt SSL function
- Beside the domain you want to issue a certificate for, select + Issue
- Use the check boxes to include or remove any domains in the certificate
- Choose the SSL validation method. In most cases, http-01 is recommended. http-01 just requires your domain to point to the server IP address, while dns-01 requires your domain nameservers to be managed by our servers. To install a Wildcard certificate you must choose dns-01 validation.
- Once you have completed your selection, select Issue
Your certificate is now installed!
If you receive an error during the installation process, feel welcome to view our guide which may help identify why the installation has failed or contact email@example.com.
To take full advantage of your Let's Encrypt certificate, learn how to ensure your website is always being served via HTTPS.
Last updated November 30, 2023