This guide will teach you how to modify your PHP version and settings
From time to time you may need to enable a certain PHP module that is not enabled by default, or use a version of PHP that is not the default installed version for that particular server.
You may also need to change some specific PHP options, such as
To complete this guide, you need access to your cPanel account. If you have forgotten your cPanel credentials, they were included in the original Welcome to Serversaurus or IMPORTANT: Hosting Documentation email which you should find in your inbox otherwise follow these instructions on how to update your cPanel password.
How do I enable a PHP extension, or change the PHP version
- The first thing you will want to do is login to cPanel, and head to the Select PHP Version function:
- You will see the Current PHP version selected. Select the arrow next to the current version to choose the version you want to change to
- Then click Apply
- Once the page reloads, you can tick the checkbox for any modules that you require enabled
- If the extension you require is missing, please contact support for assistance.
How do I change my PHP options?
- The first thing you want to do is login to cPanel, and head to the Select PHP Version function
- Click the Options tab to switch to PHP Options
- Once the page reloads, apply any changes to the listed options. When you click outside the field, the change will be saved.
- If the option you require is missing, please contact support for assistance.
Last updated November 30, 2023